Re: Traction in a can??? (was Re: Re Tire Warmers)

To: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>, <KWall73108@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Traction in a can??? (was Re: Re Tire Warmers)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 16:31:43 -0500
Up to $100 per gallon! WOO-hah! Hey, I'll sell you a whole gallon of Formula
V Traction Treatment for $39 and that includes shipping anywhere in the
lower 48.

Okay, I put the commercial up front. I'm trying to peddle the stuff, so you
can take what I say below with that in mind. But I believe in it, use it
myself, and have for nearly 20 years.

It DOES bring dead tires back to life.
It DOES keep your gummy tires gummy, and prevents them from getting hard.

It DOES NOT take tires produced as 70,000-mile rocks that last the life of
the car and turn them into gumballs. You're looking for an edge on your STS
class, this ain't it. Well, almost.

ANY tire gets harder with use, with heat cycles, or even just sitting on the
shelf. FVTT restores/maintains tires at their ORIGINAL softness. There is
more difference between soft and hard in a slick or a gumball than there is
in some 70,000-mile tire, but there is still some difference even in that
street tire.

FVTT is a restorative/preservative. It is NOT a softener.

The "traction in a can" stuff makes tires softer by degrading the rubber.
Not sure I'd want to be on a tire that degraded to nil in the middle of a
corner. FVTT does not degrade the rubber. Essentially, it restores lost
moisture (think of an old sponge, and what it's like after long use, and
what it's like when you get it wet again).

And yes, it has to be applied a couple of days before you run the tires and
left to sit. It is NOT some pit magic you spray on just before you run. It
is part of a tire maintence program, not some quick-fix elixir.

I am always skeptical of claims it makes tires last longer, but it may seem
like it because you can USE them longer. You can be gummy from sticker to
cord. I think they wear out faster because they ARE still soft, but you are
ahead of the game if you can use them for a full year down to the cord,
instead of six months until they turn to stone (with lots of tread left --
at that point you can run them another 18 months but you'll be slow).

Okay, you saw the price up top. If you'd like to try some, I just need an
address UPS can find (commercial preferred, not required). You pay from the
invoice in the box, check or MO only. $39/gal, $72 for two gals. Call for
quote if you want more in one shipment. Any questions, please ask.

--Rocky Entriken