Re: Dixie Region Trailer Stolen

To: <Mdmotorsprt@aol.com>, <alfakarl@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dixie Region Trailer Stolen
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:10:08 -0500
Under the heading of locking the barn door after the horse is gone...

a trailer is easy to steal when all you have to do is back up to it, hook on
and go. Arkansas Region had theirs stolen a couple of years back. Never
heard that it was ever recovered.

A tongue lock is cheap insurance. Get 'em at the RV store. Salina Region has
one that's always on the tongue when it is not attached to something. I
towed my car to an event earlier this year where I knew I'd have to leave
the trailer alone at the Motel while I went to something else in the city,
so I bought a tongue lock for it. $44.41.

Too late for Dixie Region, but other clubs might consider it.

--Rocky