women and where they run

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: women and where they run
From: jwalter@ptra.com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:01:50 -0500
Interesting enough, NONE of the women in Houston Region run "ladies"
classes.  The all run in open.  Gene and Barbara Beaird come back to grid,
jump out and yell, "beat that sucker!"  You have to love it.  This month
Barbara soundly beat Gene, he came over to me and bragged about how well
she had done.

 It seems to be a tradition set by Doug and Jackie (Wille and Mutschler)
along with Gerrit and Julie d'Blaing.  Most of todays competitors don't
even know them, but they follow their example.  We even have a local
women's drag race club show up and run their cars on occasion, again all
in open.  The only time anyone runs "L" is at Nat Tours and Divisionals,
and most of them are out of Region.

We normally tell novice women that they will enjoy a faster learning curve
than men, if they are at all aggressive.  The women listen and try to
emulate, the men will do their best to prove you wrong.  ;-)

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller