STS/ wimp classes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: STS/ wimp classes
From: Priebe17@gateway.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:31:46 EDT
>And you know what? I don't care whether other female drivers agree
>with me or not, especially after how I was treated by most of L1 and some of
the
>things that were out right *said* to me at the Finale.
>    Some people wonder why the ProSolo isn't treated as "pro" as even
ProRally....

My personal feelings after being around the pro solos for a couple events now
is there is always the search of the index.  Last time I checked vererans we
always praised for their champiohships in light classes.  new champions we
discredited for their championships in the same senerio.  Some people go for
tough championships, some people look for the light championship.  Bottom
line people are suppose to build a car to max of the rules and drive it to
the best of their abilities.  Erik and Karen did this, this last season and
were blasted for it.  i feel this was wrong by the solo community to do this.
 Erik has a well prepped car, NOT THE BEST PREPPED CAR, and god for bid he
drove it well and you have never heard of him previously!  I thought this was
what STS was about, finding newcomers...

I went to nationals for fun and not expecting to do well, and it was tainted
by being around the controversy of the car.  The Pros were to overstated.  In
G stock two or three years ago a Talon was thought to be unbeatable, which
might be the case at a pro solo, but at Nationals the car is not that great.
Same deal in STS.  there is a good pro car that is an ok nationals car.  On a
street tire I know if I were to build a car for the class I would not start
with a 2850 lb car!!!

--Brian Priebe

PS I can't wait to hearing the bitching in B stock when the spyder
launches!!!!!!!  :-)