Re: Ford sure picked some winners....

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford sure picked some winners....
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:39:05 -0400
S>``The increase simply shows that those Explorers were equipped with
bad
>tires,'' said Ernie Grushz, Ford's manager of safety data analysis.

<<<Anyone with an Exploder able to confirm the rumor I've heard that
Ford
specifies an inflation pressure of 26PSI? >>>

I don't have an Exploder but I heard on TV that Ford found a number of
years ago that their SUVs had a tendency to flip over on their roofs at
the recommended pressure so they told the owners to run a low pressure
to help alleviate this tendency even though Firestone recommended a
pressute that was at least 10 psi higher. And when Ford discovered that
tires were then exploding they changed the recommended pressure instead
of trying to get a recall.

OTOH, Firestone has sat on this problem for over 5 years.

I would not recommend owning Ford or Bridgestone stock for awhile...

Paul Foster