Re: (Long) Comments on Nationals

To: tag@cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: (Long) Comments on Nationals
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 01:03:06 EDT
Todd Green wrote:

<<Anyway, that's my honest inside scoop on how I feel I did at Nationals.
I'd give myself a B on the driving at the Pro and an A- at Nats.  As far
as the car, who knows, it could all be in my head, but it was also
bouncing around at a local event this past Sunday, and there was no
pressure on me, so I don't think it is just my driving.  I finally get
rack time tomorrow morning with my mechanic, so I'll know for sure. >>

I wish I could blame the car, or even my confidence in it. I drove plain
didn't drive well on the south course. We (my wife and I) went down for the
warm upon Sun., and From the first run the car felt great, and my times were
only a l;ittle off, but when the real thing cam, I just couldn't place the
car where it needed to be. Maybe with 6 runs on each course I might have
found it, but I sure didn't in just 3. I drove far better on the "more
driver" north course, and actually moved up 4 places on the 2 day total, but
still just never felt quite right. My wife on the other hand drove one of her
best runs on the north course to beat my top time. She was getting closer all
year, and picked her last run at Nationals to do it. That run also got her
the ESL championship. I have to finish planning the party that I promised her
earlier this year when she beat me at an event. This certainly qualifies.

Gary Meissner