Nationals, Neons, etc.

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Nationals, Neons, etc.
From: "Steve Couture" <steve@couture.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:08:40 -0400
Since I'm on the digest, I'll answer numerous posts at once...

Scott Sawyer writes:
> I was looking through the CP results and saw this:
> 58   11  Chuck Tate       98 Plymouth Neon Blue BFGoodrich
> How did he end up there? Wouldn't he be a better fit in EP?

I believe Chuck Tate is Sean Tate's father.  They brought both the DS Neon
and the CP Mustang to Nationals.  Both were originally registered to run the
Neon in DS, but decided to run the Mustang in CP instead.  Aparently the
driver got switched appropriately, but the vehicle didn't.

Pete Gallo writes:
> I see a Hoosier shod Neon in third at nationals, does anyone know which
> size?  205 or 225 (which may be a to wide for the 6in rim).  If 225's work
> OK, do they fit the rear too?

The Neon that finished third at Nationals was driven by Bob Monday.  Awesome
driving in one of the original 4-door SOHC ACR's!  Although listed as being
on Hoosiers, I believe he was actually running some old original BFG T/A
R1's.

Mark Darby writes:
> I know that two guys from Seattle intended to run the 225 Hoosier on AR-24
> at the Nats this year,I pointed out the problem to them and they didnt
seem to care.I dont know if they
> ran this package at Nationals for sure,but if they did and no one
protested I would be very suprised!

Yup, they were there and they ran the Hoosier 225's on wheels obtained from
last year's "first human in DS", Stacey Molleker.  I spoke with these guys
myself and indicated that someone may have a problem with their setup, but
that they probably wouldn't be protested unless they finished in the
trophys.  Neither did trophy, and no protest occured.  D-Stock has become a
much friendlier class lately and protests among the "Neon-boys" are
*extremely* rare these days.

--
Steve Couture
#19 DS Neon NASCAR Edition
Unfortunately, only a handful of people at Nationals outside of DS seemed to
"get-it" :-(