Re: More DSQ's

To: rjl6n@cstone.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More DSQ's
From: "Don Kline" <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:42:56 GMT
Del Long protested Larry's car.  I heard that there were 3 of them but only
know of two.  1) under weight.  Determined the car should weigh 1150,
weighed 1090.  2) Safety item....oil tank, and fuel tank in passenger
compartment with no bulkhead.  The protests were upheld and appealed.  I'd
not heard the results of the appeal but since the results are final they
must have been disallowed.  Other drivers were saying that Del had pointed
out both of these items to Larry at least a couple of events ago and also at
tech for the Nationals.  Larry thought his reading of the rule book was more
in line with the interpretation of the rules than Del's (my assumption here
having not talked with either one).  Maybe there will be changes to the
wording next year maybe not.  I guess I'll have to buy a rulebook early in
the season now 8(