tire choice

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: tire choice
From: waflet <waflet@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 23:50:20 -0500
hideeho
im going to buy my 1st racing tires for my 91 crx dx soon and i need
some advice. i have talked to people locally, and people on the crx list
about which tires to get and get conflicting answers. im running in
stock class, so im stuck w/ 13x5 rims. the choice seems to be between
khumo v700 victoracers in 205/60vr13 and bfg comp t/a r1 in 185/60zr13.
im going to be using them to auto-x locally once / month. the people who
recommend the khumo's say they have stiffer side walls and handle
the 5" rims and dont get a full contact patch.
what kind of experiences have you had w/ these tires?
which do you prefer on small rims?
how much difference does shaving & heat cycling make for someone who
races as little as i do?
how should i store the tire in the upcoming off season?

thank to everyone in advance for your help for a newbie.

l8rcu
waflet