Re: To all the 99+ Miata owners out there

To: "Tharpe, Joe (RyTull Coil)" <JoeT@ryersoncoil.com>
Subject: Re: To all the 99+ Miata owners out there
From: Ian McCloghrie <ian@codrus.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:02:32 -0700
On Sep 1, 2000 "Tharpe, Joe (RyTull Coil)" wrote:
> I am going to try to install the Da"Lan hitch tonight on my 00 Miata.  I
> don't have a lot of time to waste since I am heading to St. Louis for the
> Solotime early Saturday am.  Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help
> speed up the process?  And does anyone know why I have to use a converter to

Well, I blunted a lot of drill bits by not using cutting oil, those
frame rail extensions are pretty tough.  The top holes take longer
than the bottom ones, since there's a double-thickness of metal up
there.

As for the wiring, it took quite a while, but was reasonably
straightforward.  I got fairly anal about wrapping everything up
nicely, though.  Since I only tow infrequently, I decided to just keep
the connector on a cable inside the trunk and close the trunklid on it
when I attached a trailer, rather than drilling a hole in the trunk.
Some of that plastic spiral wire loom helps a lot here.

--Ian
'99 Miata LP
'01 Audi S4