Tire trailer info needed...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire trailer info needed...
From: "David Shreve" <ls1_1le@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:07:14 EDT
Well, after much head scratching and reading through the somewhat mixed
for $218 from Menards.  That's a hell of a deal on a 4x8 if anyone else is
in the market...

Anyways, I am planning on building it this weekend.  I think I'll cut it
down to 4x6 because I really don't need THAT much space.  Aside from the
obvious things like a big tool box, pressure-trated decking, tie downs,
etc., what do I need to be looking into getting?

Browsing through the automotive department at Walmart revealed myriad of
parts...  Mounted spare tires and mounting hardware--do I need to know
anything about these or are they good for highway use?  Hub caps with grease
fittings--will these fit and should I buy them?  Spare bearings--I assume I
should carry some--are these going to be the right size?  The trailer has
the small 8" wheel/tire package, so I assume I'll be eating bearings pretty
quickly??

I am planning to take the trailer on its maiden voyage to the Evolution
Nationals Warm-up at Peru, then I'll be leaving for Topeka the next weekend.
  Is there anything special I need to do to get it ready for the long trip?
In the manual, it says the maximum recommended speed for a car towing a
trailer is 55mph.  That's just there for legal reasons, right?

Is there anything I am missing?

Once again, please reply privately, as I am on the digest.

-dave