Re: Shock access - what's a new person to do?

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shock access - what's a new person to do?
From: "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:13:52 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:

> Second, the SEB has already issued a statement stating that drilling,
> cutting, etc. through interior panel, sheetmetal, etc. for the *explicit*
> sole function of shock adjustment is not allowed.

Had I been asked to make the decision, I would have decided differently.
I think that both the "letter" and "intent" are both a bit unclear, and
certainly "reasonable people" could differ on this.

But I'm concerned, as a relative newbie, that without access to the "oral
history" that appears to accompany protests, clarifications, etc, that I
am at a disadvantage.

I find tech bulletins going back to October 1999 on the website, and I'm
going to go read them all, but shouldn't *all* the clarifications made for
stock class be in the rulebook?  Or at least together in one place?

And shouldn't the results of protests be published?  Could we have a sort
of "case law" system, where the results of protests are considered "law"
until overturned or upheld by the SEB?

Steven

p.s.  Sure, I could just ask for a clarification on every modification I
make.  But should I have to?