Re: C5 computer location

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: C5 computer location
From: Scott Knight <scott@scottknight.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:28:20 -0400
> No problem.  Thanks to an "event" at Grattan Raceway during the Michigan
> National that involved a T1 C5 hardtop getting inverted

Heh, this reminds me of a Corvette time trials event at Grattan back in
about 1990 or 1991 where this guy backed a brand spanking new Vette off
between turns 4 and 5.  Actually pushed the fuel tank right into the
driver's compartment when he hit the trees. =8^0

So we are standing around while they get the carnage out of the woods
and onto a flatbed, and the guy mentions that not only is the car brand
new, but it is his wife's and she had only let him bring it under the
condition that he promise to not run it on the track.  DOH!  Needless to
say, he was not looking forward to showing up at home with that car...

Later dates.
--
Scott Knight  mailto:scott@scottknight.com
http://www.scottknight.com/ IRC:SS396man