Re: Solo III

To: maverick@purplemtn.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solo III
From: JVHT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 09:01:49 EDT
Chris,

Down hear in Southwest Florida Gulfcoast Autocrossers Ltd. decided it made
more sense to rent the site for the whole weekend, run a novice school / test
& tune all day Saturday and run the points event on Sunday.  The practice
course is a very educational half mile course that is permanent so you can
compare from practice to practice. We setup the mile long Sunday course at
the end of Saturday (with several volunteers that want to preview the course)
. This gives a jump on Sunday's event! We have seen people go through over 40
runs during a Saturday Test & Tune. No Penalties! Just times which are
announced, posted and time cards are available at the end of the day. If you
want some serious seat time with available national caliber instructors
(volunteers!!!) you just need to show up on our Saturday School/Test&Tune
with $10.00!!! (Free hot lunch included)

As a club we have found out that doing the events together on one weekend
instead of a separate one helps prevent burnout. We only have to haul all
equipment out and set it up and tear it down half as much!

John Taylor
Webmaster@ <A HREF="http://www.gulfcoastautocrossers.com/";>Gulfcoast
Autocrossers Ltd. Website</A>