Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs

To: "Mari L Clements" <mrndr2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: 3rd gear/Miata/NEDivs
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:10:46 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
To: <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Cc: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 8:14 AM

> Yes, Tim has a 10AE.

Thanks!

> One other thing to remember--unless your autox tires are the same size as
> your street tires, the obtained speed will be off.

I doubt they are, and besides that, Miata speedometers are notoriously
optimistic.  Between the built-in error and my shorter-than-stock street
tires, my actual speed at the top of 3rd gear was probably about 80 or so.
And that kind of speed is really more than I'd want to see on an autox
course!

Scot - not chicken, really
'91 CS Miata - still more capable than the guy driving it :)