RE: Solo2 rules question

To: "Ax List (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Solo2 rules question
From: "Eric Buckley" <ejbuckley@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 07:30:04 -0500
Walt Roddy wrote:

> I will be going to my first Solo 2 event in about three weeks in
> Jackson, Mississippi.

Welcome!

> I have a basically stock 1997 Miata.

A car very well suited to our flavor of the sport.

> I found
> out where I can order the SCCA rules book, however, they say it will
> be 4-6 weeks to deliver.  So, unless someone can point me to where I
> might get a current copy sooner, I have a question about tires and
> rims that I hope some one on the list can answer before the event.

That is, in fact, the purpose of this list (although that purpose is not
always clear :)

> Is it legal to run in the stock class with 14 x 5 1/2JJ rims (the
> original rims were 14 x 6JJ)

Technically, no, unless there is another Miata option package that uses the
5 1/2" rim. However, nobody is going to protest you for running rims
*narrower* than spec, especially since you are new. Bottom line: don't worry
about it.

> and are Yokohama A008 RS2 tires legal (205/55/14)?

Any street legal tire is legal for stock as long as it doesn't stick out
past the bodywork.

> Thanks in advance!
> I can't wait for my first event!

Again, great to have you.