national tire entries AKA the downfall of BFG (and everybody else taking

To: "Autox@Autox. Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: national tire entries AKA the downfall of BFG (and everybody else taking the slack)
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 01:41:44 -0400
I would never have believed it if you told me a few years ago

Leafing through just the stock entries I did a quick count of tire brands

And this is why we no longer have a BFG Talent show, and it was not that
long ago (94?) that
Yokohama was the title sponsor of the nats. Now we have Kumho and Hoosier
being the hot dogs

Keep in mind this is only a partial entry list for 2000 and these are only
stock classed cars

Entry#          tire type
95 Hoosier
93       Kumho
25       BFG
3 Yokohama

As opposed to 97

218 BFG
11         Hoosier
14 Kumho
6 Yokohama

Or 98

      61       Kumho
34 Hoosier
272     BFG
3        Yokohama

Or 99

2 Yokohama
145        BFG
102        Hoosier
174        KUMHO

Sum it up; Hoosier has seen the most growth since '97 (If they ever go
public I'm buying their stock)
Kumho is a tight second, these tires got faster ~99
Yokohama had already lost favor by 97
And BFG has shown a Swan dive into oblivion,

Jeff