Opinions are like...

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Opinions are like...
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:25:40 -0400
Rick Brown wrote:

...>>For every one in team.net that might agree with Jon's
opinion of law enforcement, there are hundreds of us who have a different
view.<<...

Actually I think one of the essential points of web mailing lists is that
everyone's opinion is different and equally relavent//irrelevant.

I am disappointed that Jon Goodale took one person's opinion so to heart
that he chose not to continue participation in our on-line community. Come
back, Jon! Our community is richer with your participation!

The ethics and drama of mailing lists is fascinating. People say things
on-line that they would never say to your face or even out-loud behind your
back :-) Yet there is a group sense of right and wrong. Sometimes someone
steps over the line and is ostracized by the majority.

While things written on the list may piss me off, and while I am sure my
opinions offend others at times, I still value my particpation.

Regards,
Alan