Re: Corvette Z06 Torque

To: "Steven Eguina" <seguina@unionfundingusa.com>
Subject: Re: Corvette Z06 Torque
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 21:36:36 -0700
> What I'm looking for is mid range torque figures.  ie 1400rpm 2000 rpm 2600
> rpm etc for the LS6 motor.

Eyeballing the graph in the article it looks like:

generally the torque progresses upwards starting 2000 RPM at about
295 fairly linearly until it gets to its peak of 346 at about 4800 and then
declines more rapidly also in a straight line to where it gets to about 270
at 6500 RPM. FWIW, they didn't show any power or torque curves
below 2000 RPM.

One important note: it is not stated anywhere in the article whether this
rear wheel measurements were SAE corrected or affected significantly
by weather conditions. This could partially explain why the Cobra R got
376 RWHP when it's rated at 385 HP at the flywheel by Ford.

They did however state it was done on a Dynojet 248 at a place called
ESI Fleet Solutions in Sterling, MI. But I couldn't find that place listed
on the internet nor could I find it listed as a DynoJet dealer (though there
is a Dynojet at Visteon in Sterling ... Visteon being Ford's parts
company).

  I think that if the LT-1 has superior low end