Re: S2000s and Miatas + 15HP

To: "Stephen Bernard" <solo-2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: S2000s and Miatas + 15HP
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:41:11 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
To: <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Cc: <solo-2@juno.com>; <ssucsy@nts-online.net>; <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 9:42 PM

> The higher gearing could be an asset tho depending on
> the course. I know it's tough to say how well the car will perform
> until it actually comes out and is on course but an extra 15HP
> is a definate plus at least it could be with a quality driver.
> I don't regret buying my 1999 Miata I wouldn't want the
> 6 spd. but the extra 15hp would be nice.

I'm not convinced that the 6-speed is that much of an advantage in
autocross, unless course speeds are kept low enough that you'd stay off the
rev limiter most of the time.  Besides that, it's more weight.

> Well reality is that Stock cars get replaced far more easily than
> Mod cars. New models all the time, a 180HP Miata would be nice
> but I think the MR Spyder is far more likely to happen with
> the Celica engine.

Agreed.  And an Mr2 Spyder with the Celica GTS engine would probably be a
good candidate for A Stock, although I'm not sure how competitive it would
be against S2000's and Boxsters.

> If the new Miata is an overdog letters will get written.

I'm sure they will write if this is the case.

Scot
'91 CS Miata - definitely NOT an overdog!