Re: Re-class a Miata for +15hp!!!!!!!! Give me a break.

To: richw1@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Re-class a Miata for +15hp!!!!!!!! Give me a break.
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:59:47 -0400
> Well than you surely forgot that the 1999 Miata and the 2000 MR2
> Spyder were put on the dyno and the MR2 had a good bit more power.
Even though
> the two cars are advertised to have the same HP the MR2 Spyder dyno'ed
at 13
> hp and 7 lb-ft of torque higher than the Miata.  The MR2 Spyder dyno'ed
at
> 125 hp and 113 lb-ft of torque, the Miata came up with 112 hp and 106
lb-ft
> of torque.  Even if you add an advertised 15 hp, which would equal
> approximately 12 hp to the rear wheels (adjusting for drivetrain
> losses),

I actually don't remember seeing those numbers but they do
sound about right. Individual cars vary so the new Miata
will be a better match for Toyota Poke'mon car.
I can just hear the yellow one yelling PikaChuuu as it
whips around the corners. LOL
B-stock is going to get real challenging next year even
more than this year.

> you would just now equal the power of the MR2 Spyder.  The MR2 also
> reached max torque 1100 rpm's earlier.  Also, do not forget the MR2
Spyder

I can't see how the MR2 willl benefit from a max lower RPM's.
more torque certainly but not a lower redline.

> is
> approximately 104 lbs lighter than the Miata.  The MR2 Spyder came
> in at 2,195 lbs and the Miata came in at 2,299 lbs.  I am not saying
that
> the MR2 Spyder will be an overdog but it will surely be a strong
contender
> with the 2000 and 2001 Miata.  This is simply the facts, nothing more,
> nothing less.

It will be something to see out on course but I do believe that
the Miata has a better suspension than the MR-S.
So far I haven't seen an MR-Spyder even on the street but
next year I imagine they will be out on course.
I like the MR Spyder but it really could use a trunk.

> I have said my piece and will now duck, as the Miata people will be
> heaving objects in my direction.

Nah, I think the Miata has a better style to it but on
course until proven otherwise the Miata still has a proven
track record.

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)