Re: stupid cone tricks

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stupid cone tricks
From: RHendr6343@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:00:51 EDT
At the Detroit region driver's school a couple years back, I was working on
my best (and last) run of the day in my tail-happy DSP Mustang.  As it
crossed the lights, the car spun, and I wound up sitting in the exit
sideways.  Having resigned myself to ruining my best run of the day, I was
ready to pull away before the next car came through when I noticed everyone
standing around was frantically waving and yelling at me to back up.  I
remember thinking, "What does it matter which way I go as long as I get out
of the way....Unless I'm sitting on a cone!"  I backed up, and the crowd
cheered.  As I picked up my timeslip, the worker incredulously told me how I
had a cone wedged under my nose at an extreme angle, and how backing up
righted the cone.

Rick Hendricks