Re: The Other 4-Wheeled Vehicle Sport

To: Brad Cox <coxb@trimofran.org>
Subject: Re: The Other 4-Wheeled Vehicle Sport
From: Ed Bickford <edbickford@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:17:07 -0400
Paul Foster wrote:

> > > "There are only two women out there, yet they managed
> > >to find each other"
> > >
> > > .......... Tom Sneva,  yesterdays Indy 500

I heard an interview with Sarah Fisher this morning on a local radio
station.  She said that she felt it with Jaques Lazier's, a little
different than the printed article.  One of the announcer's who was
interviewing her (it was a local morning duo, 107.3 in Washington) said
"Well when you went out you made sure you took the other woman with
you!"  I couldn't believe he made such a stupid comment but surprisingly
enough she didn't get rattled, in fact she kind of ignored it.  She went
on to say that she wasn't there to win a race as a female, the female
thing wasn't why she was there, she felt she was treated the same as the
men, she was good enough to be there and that was it.

Ed