RE: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:29:40 -0500
                One thing that I imagine should be taken into account about
the tires in STS is what type of car they are going on. From what I have
seen of Subaru's, they like to be driven a bit "loose" to be fast. Could
this heat up some street tires to the point of loosing grip? I know that the
AVS-i's on my old VW Scirocco would get slippery on the third run on a
really hot day. Could this be one of the reasons that the harder compound of
the 712's seems to work so well on the Subaru, but seem to not be quite as
good on other cars?

                John Moore
                1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R (STS)
                1993 Toyota MR2 NA (CS)