Re: The Sportsman's Charter

To: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Subject: Re: The Sportsman's Charter
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:56:32 -0400
"Darren P. Madams" wrote:
> This came from one of the first pages in my girlfriends "American
> Horse Shows Association 2000 Rule Book" that reads surprisingly like
> our rule book (and they have more classes than you could imagine!).
> Reprinted without permission of course (sorry!)

Similarly, from the Rules of Ultimate at
        http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/ferguson/ultimate/new-rules.html

Spirit of the Game: Ultimate has traditionally relied upon a spirit of
sportsmanship which places the responsibility for fair play on the
player. Highly competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense
of the bond of mutual respect between players, adherence to the agreed
upon rules of the game, or the basic joy of play. Protection of these
vital elements serves to eliminate adverse conduct from the Ultimate
field. Such actions as taunting of opposing players, dangerous
aggression, intentional fouling, or other "win-at-all-costs" behavior
are contrary to the spirit of the game and must be avoided by all
players.

Mark