Peru aftermath reflections..

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Peru aftermath reflections..
From: Jkinser77@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:02:52 EDT
After talking with some people at the event, something that might have been
overlooked but maybe should have been thought of...In light of what happened
with the Neons, and then the other near miss incidents...it probably would
have been nice to ask Sam if he needed some time to get his thoughts, nerves
and what all else happens from almost being hit by the same situation.  He
told me he was brought up right away to the other side without time to get
himself together after going through that situation.  He told me it scared
him quite a bit and going out right after isn't quite a situation most people
wuld want to do...nor do I think that is a wise idea with the person being a
wreck, nervous, shaking and adrenaline all out of wack.  I can't imagine
trying to put in any type of good run after something like that.

Also, after hearing some of the cone stories of appearing non-existent cones,
and non apearing existing cones, maybe if someone's work assignment after
each car finishes is to confirm the number of cones hit by that car with
radio and timing...it might help eliminate some of the back tracking timing
has to do to check on where and who's cone it was etc...

Just suggestions after listening to the behind the scenes stories...so please
no flaming..

Jean Kinser