Re: Personal responsibility

To: mph_16@hotmail.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Personal responsibility
From: "Don Kline" <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:11:56 PDT
While I generally agree that a kart will not travel as far once out of
control as will a larger vehicle, and our insurance will compensate a site
owner for damages, I think most would agree that property damage and vehicle
damage will not make the evening news as quiclky as an injured karter.
*Once* that makes the news it would have more of an effect on site retention
and acquisition than does the "unreported" property damage.  One thing site
owners have told me in the past is their concern from negative publicity,
and the fact that if there is an injury a lawyer will go after them even if
they are covered by our insurance.  This would lead to further negative
publicity so denial of usage of the site is an easy way to eliminate the
possibility.  Whether this is entirely accurate or not is not mine to say.
All sounds plausible, and who am I to argue?

in HIS grace thru Jesus,
Don