MR2 Suspension problem

To: autocross <AUTOX@autox.team.net>
Subject: MR2 Suspension problem
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 08:36:17 -0700
Hi, I have an odd problem I could use some advice on. Private replies to
keep the bandwidth down would be good...but any replies would help.

Here is the symptoms: I drive down the road and hit an uneven section
with a waviness, and the rear end of the car seems to jog to the left.
It does not give one a feeling of security, as the movement is severe
enough that I have to make sure the car is pointed straight. 8-O

Last night, it felt almost like the left rear wheel was wobbling,
causing the rear end to wag. It wagged 3 times at 75mph. Scary. I am not
driving that fast anymore.

I have been under the car numerous times now, checking and rechecking,
but the rim is tight. There is no movement when tugging on it. All the
suspension links look fine and feel tight. I understand that there can
be some forces acting on it, beyond what I am applying by tugging.

Any thoughts (other than I am an idiot for continuing to drive it, we
know that)? Or should I just take it to the mechanic?

Thanks in advance!

Randy Chase
'91 MR2 CS