Re: French?

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: French?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:20:36 -0600
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>

>"James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>

>Heh - you try being educated in the Quebecois patois that goes for French,
>and then having to speak to a Parisian. :)
>
>I've got an english accent on top of a Quebecois accent - imagine talking
>to a russian who learned his english in backwoods Kentucky, and you've got
>the idea.
>
>I've actually seen Parisians wince in pain when I fire up the ol francais.

My brother did the other way.  He learned French in school here and got his
Masters in Paris.  When he traveled in Quebec, he was instantly spotted as
the guy who spoke Parisian with a Yank accent.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
LOON, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/