Re: JAX Evolution School/Area 3 Meeting date conflict.

To: autox@autox.team.net, solo2atlanta@ilist.net, BuccaneerAutoX@onelist.com
Subject: Re: JAX Evolution School/Area 3 Meeting date conflict.
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:16:06 EST
FYI,

Alan Stratton and I had a long discussion regarding the date conflict between
Jacksonville's planned Evolution Autox Driving School and the annual Area 3
Meeting at Jeckyll Island.  Apparently, there are site-availability conflicts
on the other weekends surrounding the Jan. 22-23 weekend.  There are also a
number of people who have indicated to Jean Kinser and Alan their desire to
attend the school prior to the start of the Tour/Pro season.  If the the
Buccaneer Region fails to host the school on this date the next available
slot in the school's schedule isn't until March.

While I realize that we traditionally try to avoid having any type of
conflict with the Area 3 Meeting, we must be cognizant to the Buccaneer
Region's plight with rescheduling the school to another suitable date.  Most
importantly, I don't see this scheduling dilemna to be worth generating any
personal ill feelings within our Division's membership.  I believe that Alan
has done everything possible to avoid a conflict.  Unfortunately it doesn't
appear to be avoidable within the context of the various situations.  As
such, I've indicated to Alan that hosting the Evolution driving school on the
same weekend as the Area 3 meeting has my personal blessing, based on the
belief that each SEDiv member has the right to decide what their personal
priority should be on this weekend.

My main desire is for us all to work together and support each other's best
interests as much as possible.  I ask each and every SEDiv member for your
understanding and assistance in achieving this lofty goal.  For those of you
who choose to attend the Area 3 meeting, I look forward to seeing you all
there.  For those of you who choose to do something else, may good fortune be
with you and I hope you will choose to attend the Year 2000 SEDiv Solo2
Series Events.  We already have three Regions firmly committed to hosting a
SEDiv event in 2000, as well as possibly announcing a new twist to the
Series.  All will be revealed at the Area 3 Meeting to be held at Jeckyll
Island, GA on Jan. 22 & 23, 2000.  Until then.....,

Many sincere thanks,

Mark Sipe
Y2K SEDiv Solo2 Steward