RE: Honda spring rates... OOPS!

To: Skye Comstock <bilbo@nwlink.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Honda spring rates... OOPS!
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:40:27 -0500
At 02:08 PM 12/20/99 -0700, Skye Comstock wrote:

>Yeah, I actually meant it the other way around... IE... Why do most spring
>manufacturers sell them stiffer in front and softer in the rear when you
>would want to do the opposite. I should read my mail before I sent it. ;)

I bet I know.....  McDonald's get sued because coffee it too hot.  I read
the other day Toyota was sued by a disabled man over their commercial with
the guy playing on a Slip 'n Slide (apparently there is some risk to goruwn
people) because it's dangerous.  Folks have cut fingers off trimming their
hedges with LAWNMOWERS!  The last thing some company who makes springs
wants is to make a setup that is loose.  Then John Doe does his best best
tornado impression and ends up pretzeled in the 'ol oak tree.  Can you say
LAWSUIT?  I knew ya could.

Besides, it's sad, but most of the time people equate handling with the car
being just flat-out stiff.  And since the front will react faster with more
spring, it MUST handle better!!!!  Of course I always ask them if they
think an M3 or an RX7tt is a good handling car.  Always answered "YES!".
Funny, I tell them, as they roll quite a lot.......  This is usually met
with silence on the other end of the phone.  But, then they realize I might
acutally be trying to help, as opposed to just selling them the most
expensive part I can......  :-)

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts
www.stranoparts.com