Re: Which tires for auto-x? <BMW E36>

To: marvin325@worldnet.att.net, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Which tires for auto-x? <BMW E36>
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 12:31:40 EST
Marvin Martin writes:

<< My car is a 1993 BMW 325i, completely stock, with factory sport suspension.
 Wheel size: 15x7.  Tire size: 225/50x15.  I want to stay in stock class, so
 I can't change wheel size. >>

Having run R1's, G-Forces, Kumhos and Hoosiers last year, here are my
thoughts.  The current BFG (G-Force) is the hardest to drive fast, and does
not last all that well.  BFG is supposedly working on this situation.

The ultimate in fast, though, is the Hoosier, and it's easy to drive, but
doesn't last very long.  If you're going to National Tours, Pros and
Divisionals and want to win, this is the tire, IMNSHO.

This brings me to my recommendation for most autocrossers of Stock vehicles.
Kumho is close to Hoosier in terms of stick, hangs in there without making
you look stupid when you make a mistake, and lasts a long time.

Now.  Where are those used Goodyear 430 25 X 12 X 16 slicks to put on the
Thunderchicken?

CHD