Re: BFG R1's

To: Brad Cox <coxb@trimofran.org>
Subject: Re: BFG R1's
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:48:54 -0800

Brad Cox wrote:

> Can BFG R1's be flipped?  I know the tread is assymetric, but after the
> tires have worn to a certain point is it ok?  I looked closely at the
> sidewalls, and I think the "inner" sidewall may be slightly more stiff.  Is
> this true?  In that case, I guess flipping them would be a bad idea.

As I understand it Brad, flipping BFG R1s would be a bad idea because
the construction is not symetrical. I always wore them out until they
corded. I still have 2 225-14 R1s sitting here....aging away. 8-)

Randy Chase (tagged a freeway onramp wall with my MR2 when leaving the
last autocross...not happy..but I really need a paint job now)