fordnatics list

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: fordnatics list
From: "Jeffrey Martynuska" <jpmartynuska@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 03:15:45 -0500
Does anyone know the link to subscribe to the Ford mailing list? The link on
team.net doesn't seem to work.

While I'm posting, I intended to compete this year (my first full year) in
the stock class. I wish to remain in stock (GS) so I can learn how to DRIVE,
not how to TUNE. I also don't want to get involved in the "speed costs, how
fast do you want to go"? race while I have a tremendous learning curve ahead
of me.

Setting myself up as the "typical first-timer", I would like to get a SCCA
membership, have no qualms over working the events, and would also
pre-register, if it would mean a spot in the field. My primary goal would be
to improve on my times at each event in which I compete.

I'll be watching the responses to garth lacomb's post on getting started.
Any tips from those who have gone before us would be greatly appreciated.

It must've been 15 years ago that I pulled into a parking lot on a friday to
get my USA Today and a soda before work, and as I left the lot I passed a
pick-up trailering an open-wheeled car with scca stickers, and I though to
myself, "That's what I should be doing". Here I am, 15 years later, but at
least I'm here!

Andy Bettencourt, still trying to get a group together for a dyno run?

Jeffrey
95 Ford Probe GT