Re: mr2 spider CS not BS

To: James Rogerson <jwalter@ptra.com>
Subject: Re: mr2 spider CS not BS
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 20:44:13 -0800

James Rogerson wrote:

> Randy, what's wrong with you.

Gee...how many times have I heard that? I will go on with the assumption
you really don't want me to answer that.

>  All cars of the same model and aspiration belong in the same class.  Mostly,
>it will give CS one entry that is still in production.

According to my understanding, that was not the intent of CS. It is a
class of affordable, no-longer-produced cars in the under $10k
range..plus a few others oddballs thrown in.

Everything about the new MR2 is BS. It closer to a Miata than an MR2,
except for engine location. I disagree that cars of the same model and
aspiration belong in the same class. I do think the 1.6l Miatas belong
in CS also. When we used to run together, it was pretty close.

The only problem I see is that the new Mr2-Spyder will not be here until
spring. Assuming it takes some weeks to find one, then prep it, and get
used to it, the ProSolo season may be passed. We shall see.

P.S. Speaking of "what's wrong with Randy"..this week marks one year in
remission from Graves Disease for me. About as close to a cure as I
could get.....gotta love modern medicine.

Randy Chase