Y2K Tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Y2K Tires
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 05:45:53 -0800
Hello, unfortunately, this has nothing to do with Biff or KEWL style or
what people do while "Driving While Stupid" (odd title that, because I
think it assumes those same people are NOT stupid at some point..but I
digress).

To get to the meat of the matter....is there anyone that knows real info
about tires for next year? If something has been posted, I apologize, I
have been either off-line or swamped in "project from hell". If I can't
get real info, I will take rumors.

I checked tirerack's website and found that many tires in my sizes are
not available from Kumho. Not a good thing.

Is this temporary? Will Kumho be bringing in more tires soon? What about
the 225-14 tire?????

What is up with BFG? Is there going to be a new compound this year?
Anyone out there testing now?

Hoosier staying the course or are there any major changes planned?

Thanks, it's not too early to make plans during our 4 week off season.
8) My Toyos are ALMOST worn out....I am using them for street tires now,
and I am only getting 6 months use out of them. 8)

Treading lightly,
Randy Chase
'91 MR2 CS
'00 MR2-Spyder (?) BS