Re: Last DRL post...promise!

To: Jim Crate <jimc@decipher.com>
Subject: Re: Last DRL post...promise!
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 19:25:12 -0600
Jim Crate wrote:

> The point is that you shouldn't be depending on someone else's lights to be
> able to avoid an accident, because that won't be any help in the event the
> obstacle is not a car.

I understand, but I'm not worried about me stopping.  The thing I'm
worried about is pulling out from a cross road into the path of a car
that is a) driving with no lights on, and b) moving too fast for
conditions.  In this scenario, which happens very often around here, I
have no choice but to rely on the other guy's lights to see them.  You
can sit at that stop sign all day, but when visibility is around 200
feet, you gotta go sometime and just pray that dumb guy isn't bearing
down on you.  Having their lights on gives me 400 feet of visibility,
allowing me a better chance to not cause an accident.  YMMV.

PLW