somewhat off-topic - rallycross question

To: autox@autox.team.net (autocross list)
Subject: somewhat off-topic - rallycross question
From: emddjf@chron.com (Dwayne Jacques Fontenot)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 02:59:02 -0600 (CST)
hi,

I've tried to find the answer to this online but I can't.

I see in my Houston Sportscar News (HOUSCCA monthly publication)
that they are planning on starting a rallycross event here next year.

Apparently it's related to SCCA Pro Rally and uses the same rules(?)

The article says that no convertibles/roadsters are allowed to
participate per SCCA rules.

Does this mean I can't rallycross my topless Jeep Wrangler? I know
Cherokees are allowed to participate, so it's probably not excluded
due to CoG. Looking around on the web I saw one set of Pro Rally results
where a guy raced a CJ-7, but there was no mention of whether it had a
hard top, etc.

Thanks for any info/pointers,

Dwayne
96 Miata R