Focus Possibilities?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Focus Possibilities?
From: "Jason Saini" <jason@intcs.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 13:31:34 -0600
I was fiddling around on Ford's web site, and it seems you can get a Focus
Hatchback with the 130hp Zetec engine, no A/C, no Power anything and no ABS.
It does still have the uprated suspension, and 4-wheel discs... model is
called the ZX-3.

Hmmm... 2.0 liter torque, extremely light, nice suspension, no options...
all for $12,100 *sticker* price!  Could this be the stock-class budget ride?
Does it fall into HS or ES?  In ES, it will have little or no chance against
the Celicas, but in HS there just might be some potential there.

It would be nice to see a fast stock-class car that is attainable,
price-wise, especially with the void that the ACR Neon's departure leaves.
And Kudos to Ford for bringing a Ford of Europe car over basically
unchanged.  At first there was talk of not bringing the hatchback, but it
seems they have brought most of the Focus lineup here.  I wish some other
companies would do this! (bring over their Euro models, that is.)

How about it... Focus anyone?

-Jason Saini
Chicago, IL  .  '93 VW Corrado  .  GS Underdog