Re: Freiendly Advice

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Freiendly Advice
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 10:42:15 -0500
I recently rented a Buick Park Avenue - only vehicle Enterprise had -
and I wasn't sure what to do when I came to my destination at night.
There I sat in the drivers seat with the key out of the ignition and the
headlights were still on. I fumbled around for the switch and only found
a rheostat that determined how dark it should be before they
automatically activated. The headlights were still on even when I was
standing in front of the car with all the doors locked with the
electronic gizmo. I came out 5 minutes later to make sure the car had
actually remembered to turn them off. So now everybody is going to be
telling people they left their lights on until most people have this
'technology'. Then nobody will remind those who have earlier 'manual'
cars because they will assume they just pulled up. Better start carrying
jumper cables...

Paul Foster

BTW, I still think some people are completely missing the fog light
thread. On my 944 Turbo they are part of the bumper assembly. Unless the
entire bumper is somehow askew they must be properly aligned. There is
_no_ adjustment! Good fog lights are more like driving lights. As others
have pointed out they help illuminate the sides of the car so they are
very handy on a twisty road at night. But thanks for the flames.