stock 95 Saturn SL2 (how do I stock autox this thing ?)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: stock 95 Saturn SL2 (how do I stock autox this thing ?)
From: "Dave Lorine" <djlorine@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 07:09:02 -0500
got the following from a GRM May/June '99 article:
E-stock
SPS for parts
First and most important: sticky tires and light wheels
stock aluminum wheels (15x6,50mm offset, 4x100 bolt circle) are 16 lbs.
205/50-15 is a good size for competition (unless you think you can get 225's
on the front)
Hoosiers are widest and lightest (need 5mm spacers for strut clearance)
For more power (+6hp to 130):fresh rebuild, K&N, Red Line oil, 2 in.
unmuffled cat.-back
Red Line D4 tranny fluid for durability (good for at least 1year)
For shorter braking: sticky tires(see above), change fluid 1x/yr,
also.....SPS Kelate Metallic auto-x pads (more for feel)
Suspension: didn't mention e-stock setup but applicable parts mentioned
were: KYB strut inserts, bushings, max 2deg. neg camber front and rear to
keep it streetable.

My Ques:
Any of the above incorrect?
Are the pads just good for feel or also distance?
What do the steel wheels weigh?
What's a good source for used Saturn speed parts?
What's a good source for new Saturn speed parts?
I love(d) (sad story, tell you later) the Hoosiers on my BSP 71 240x, but
they're $155 vs. $110 for Kuhmo's - what do you think?
I'm thinking the above power improvement is mostly from the
rebuild -agree/disagree?
Think only replacing the bushings allowed by stock rules with orange stuff
would just screw up the handling?
What's the max. legal camber adjustment?
Are the KYB's adjustable?
I'm thinking just tires, junk yard steel wheels and a harness for this
season - what do you think?
Oh yeah- how do I mount the harness since a rear tower bar seems illegal?