Topeka Hotels

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Topeka Hotels
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:48:30 -0500
"The Plaza is 3802 SW Topeka Blvd. and the TraveLodge is 3846. What used
to be a Motel 6 and later the Airport Value Inn was the next door
neighbor south of the Plaza, and south of that is a turnpike interchange
so the TraveLodge about has to be the old Airport Value doesn't it?"

Yes it is, stay there at your own risk. Raceway Inn was nice if a little
noisy.  FWIW, 2 wks ago the Plaza's pool was closed, ice machines
broken, etc.  Suggest hotels up on Wanamaker or ...

The new Capitol Plaza Hotel will be serving as our headquarters hotel.
Connected directly to the Kansas Expocentre, the location of our awards
banquet, the Capitol Plaza Hotel is the most convenient lodging choice
for the 1999 Nationals. SCCA members will receive a rate of $79/night
which includes a complimentary breakfast (and indoor pool). Reservations
can be made by calling 785-431-7200.  For more info see
http://www.pcma.org/sites/mw-topeka.htm

Also, there was some major construction going on that didn't look like
it'd be done before Nats.  Topeka Blvd was down to one lane each way in
front of the Plaza/TraveLodge and the freeway ramps on/off I-470 were
also ripped up.  You may want to plan a little extra travel time.

Jeff