Re: Eclipse wheels and CSP

To: Marc <indyspat@flash.net>, "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Eclipse wheels and CSP
From: Eric Moon <moon-7@blazenet.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 08:52:19 -0400
At 08:00 AM 5/27/99 -0500, Marc wrote:
>I have a 95 eclipse GS non turbo.  I am supposed to be in E stock.  But
>I have 17" after market rims that put me in CSP.  My question is, a GSX
>can be had with 17" rims and the same width tire.  a 215.  These are
>different trim levels, and different classes within SCCA.  Do they
>correlate?  I am tired of getting my ass kicked in CSP when the only mod
>I have is the rims...yet :-).  Oh, I am in Novice so I run against an
>index.  A friend of mine went to an event sunday and I beat his time by
>3 1/2s, but do to his classification in ES and mine in CSP he beat me.
>BOOO CSP.

Marc,

According to the rules, you can only run a car in STOCK with th equipment
that was available on your trim level.  The GS was never available with 17"
rims.  The GSX, which has 17's is a Turbo AWD and fits in G-STOCK.  A
totally different ballgame.

I used to run a GS Eclipse in CSP, but with springs, shocks, swaybars,
intake, exhaust, etc, etc, but with my stock 16's and BFG R1's.  Still got
my ass kicked all over the place-----Why?------try having the same
horsepower as a Neon, or the CRX's in the class, BUT carry around 800-1000
lbs more weight-------that's why!!!!

My suggestion to you is to run Street Touring.  You'll still get spanked by
Integras and Neons, but you'll be closer.

OR, you can do like I did, and get a Miata, be competitive in CSP, and find
someone to follow you in the Eclipse which you'll need for carrying your
race tires, tools, etc!

Eric
(formerly the Eggroll Eclipse)

Eric Moon