Re: DQ question

To: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DQ question
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 15:16:38 -0400
>>I would think there would be no legal finishers in the class of T-1.
>
>   My point exactly ;-)

I'm hardly a rules expert, particularly in this area, but it seems VERY
strange that they'd be so strict as to DQ you because your car is probably
(but not definitely - it's within the scale's margin of error) 5 lbs
underweight, and DQ the other car for wider wheels (I'm not clear on this -
within the 1.5" wider than stock per side rule, were these wheels in fact
too wide? Or was this another SNAFU?) and THEN permit a car to win that
isn't even specified as being in this class in the first place!!!  I'm with
Don - there shouldn't have been any legal finishers.  Unless, of course, the
2nd place guy really is legal with his wide wheels, in which case he'd win
and be the only qualified car in class.  I also agree that rules are rules,
and you were every so barely underweight (despite the additional weight of
the driver).  If the ~5 lb difference is within the scale's margin of error,
there's certainly reasonable doubt as to whether you were actually over or
not.  If the scale was reading .2% low, that's 6 lbs, and you might have
been legal after all.  Unfortunately, if you win, they're gonna be real
sticklers for the rules.  At least they oughta be, unlike the F355 F1!
Better bolt a 6-pack of beer into the car to break 3200 lbs next time. ;)

    - Justin