Re: Out to launch :)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Out to launch :)
From: PgrMstr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 12:39:04 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/99 12:02:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
eric10mm@qni.com writes:

<< You'll start moving and then you then play a balancing game of letting
 the clutch out a little further while pressing down progressively harder
 on the gas pedal.  >>

actually.....once the tires are spinning, you should be able to regulate the
amount of spin with the gas instead of the clutch....thereby saving wear on
the clutch. At least that's what works for me....one of the autox newbie
books (forget the name) has a good section concerning slip angles and optimum
traction and if I might paraphrase, the net result was just a bit of slippage
is good. So, let the clutch go and regulate with the gas.....IMHO

Jeff MacRae
97 GSR Sdn
Philly Region GS #39