Re: I'll ask the question again.

To: autox@autox.team.net, phax@eng.kns.com
Subject: Re: I'll ask the question again.
From: Eric Moon <moon-7@blazenet.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:04:14 -0400
At 08:53 AM 5/21/99 -0600, you wrote:
>On a 93 RX7 TT, can you change the y pipe that links the turbos to the
>intake and stay in stock. I am thinking that since it is just replacing a
>plastic piece that breaks this would be okay, but I have been known to be
>wrong before. It is the ERini (sp) replacement pipe. Thanks for the info.
>
>Don Miller TLS #8
>68 Datsun Roadster

The following is just my interpretation of the rules, not the actual Gospel:

The rules seem to allow the replacement of all things that normally "wear
out" and need replacement provided you do not replace that item with
something of a higher performance nature (excluding air filters, spark
plugs, etc.).  The idea is that you are supposed to replace parts with OEM
factory or the equivalent.  If the Y-Pipe you refer to can be considered
"performance enhancing" than it would obviously be a modification to your
intake tract and would not be allowed in stock class.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Eric

Eric Moon
'92 Miata SOLO II  CSP