Help me Obi-Wan, I have a Civic!

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help me Obi-Wan, I have a Civic!
From: "Brad Cox" <coxb@trimofran.org>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:25:13 -0500
I have what a mounts to a hugely general type of question, but I can't
resist asking.  My situation is this:  I recently became involved in autox.
My current ride is a '98 civic hatchback (non-vtec).  Due to a few simple
mods (Eibach Prokits, 16 inch wheels), I've found myself in CSP.  At this
point I really don't mind getting blown away by all the pax'd as well as
non-pax times, but one day I'm sure my ego will take over and I'll become
more interested in relative times.  This car is and shall remain a daily
driver for at least a few more years.  I've also adopted an "always forward"
type of attitude in reference to my car.  In other words, I don't want to
remove the springs and go back to stock wheels just for the sake of a better
pax.  I probably just doomed myself with that statement.

So, given the situation, here are my questions.  First, is there any such
thing as a competitive, daily driven, CSP, 6th generation, Honda Civic.
Second, if there is such a thing, What do I do to the car to get there.  At
this point I know that I'M currently the weak link in the chain.  I need a
lot of practice.  Also, I know that a good set of race wheels are in my
future as well.  Is there anything I can do, specifically with reference to
the suspension (sway bars, strut tower bars, etc.) that would really help
out?

I guess my whole delimma could be summed up by asking "Is there hope for me
and my civic, or do I need to just give up and join the hordes of screaming
Neons"?

peace
brad