Re: San Diego Divisional

To: mike_patterson@s3.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: San Diego Divisional
From: James Hamm <jhhamm@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 02:12:57 -0700

Mike Patterson wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> With the apparent addition of the Improved Street classes for our
> Divisional, will the event now become a points event for year end
> trophies?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know.
>
> Bob

Hi Bob

This was considered but was decided against for two reasons.  First, if
we counted the divisional toward year-end points, every one contending
for 100% participation would be required to attend. Many people that run
with us are not SCCA members and that membership is required to attend a
divisional. Second, the people that run in the local "PAX" class could
not run in that class toward year-end points because it is not included
in the divisional.  This is due to the fact that these people would
prefer to run in their SCCA class at this type of event and we could not
pax their times to use for local standings because their run groups
would be spread over the whole day rather than all in one run group.  A
protest would certainly be filed if one driver ran in a group with ideal
conditions and another ran in very poor conditions.

        Jim