Re: Street Tire Handicap

To: autox-digest <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street Tire Handicap
From: Loren Williams <lsw@southwind.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 18:27:41 -0500

Gail/Sid deLeon wrote:

> LEARN TO DRIVE BETTER
> Your ""i" class is not needed!!

I could have you or anyone else in the country drive my car with the
best street tires available (shaved if you wish), and they might do
better than I did, but they still would not win against a similarly
prepared and classed car with purpose-built autocross tires.

That's what this discussion is about.  WAKE UP!

We're not asking for a class in which we can win every time, merely a
class in which we might have a chance at winning once in a while.  Most
of us realize that this will never happen at the national level, but we
can still discuss it.  If nothing else, it might give some other regions
some ideas for how to handle their local street tire crowd.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://www2.southwind.net/~lsw
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca