Re: Nitto and Sumitomo tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nitto and Sumitomo tires
From: "D. Barry Stubbs" <z24man@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 12:56:37 -0400
> I have Nitto 450s 205/40-16 on a delSol. They are not a high performance
> tire period. They do look cool and they are not bad in the rain and snow.
> They are wearing very well. Considering the price I am satisfied but they do
> not like 9/10ths spirited driving.

Interesting.  I have NT-450s 205/50/16, and find them to be a very
competent tire for hard driving.  Rain performance has been good, and
I'm not in an area where there is ice and snow.  Wear seems to be good
as you said, but I have only 5000 miles on them so far so my observation
is probably not valid.  The only item I don't like about the tires is
that the tread pattern seems to pick up small rocks more than the
previous brand of tires... that 'tick tick tick' really drives me crazy.

D. Barry Stubbs                                    http://surf.to/z24man
(912) 745-9429                                     AOL IM: thez24man
z24man@earthlink.net                               ICQ #5409648
#101GS Atlanta Region SoloII                       88 2.8 5Spd White Z24